If you’re looking for a way to escape the hot Florida sun or relax after a long day at work, you’ve likely considered installing a swimming pool. However, do you want to invest in an in-ground or an above ground pool? Above ground pools have come a long way in the last decade or so and offer a myriad of advantages over traditional in-ground pools.
Advantages of an above ground pool
- Cost. Arguably, the chief benefit of an above-ground pool is the cost. Above ground pools cost less initially and cost less to maintain than in-ground pools. The average cost to purchase and install an above ground pool is around $16,000. That compares to up to $80,000 for an in-ground pool.
- Much easier installation. Above ground pools are much easier to install than in-ground pools. If no trees need to be removed and your ground is already fairly level, you could have your pool completed in a number days. This compares to a number weeks (or even months) for an in-ground pool.
- Safety. Although every pool should be surrounded by at least four-foot fencing, it is much more difficult for someone to accidentally fall into an above-ground pool because of its high entry point.
- Mobility. While an in-ground pool has to stay with your property when you move, you can take your above-ground pool with you to your new address.
Things to consider before investing in an above ground pool
As attractive as an above-ground pool can be, there ARE a few things you’ll want to consider before making your final choice.
- Lifespan. An above-ground pool has a much shorter lifespan than an in-ground pool. With proper maintenance, an above-ground pool should last between 7 and 11 years. That compares with at least 20 years or more for a well-cared-for in-ground pool.
- No increase in property value. While you can take your above-ground pool with you when you move, it won’t increase your property value if you decide to leave it, as an in-ground pool can.
To learn more about the many advantages of owning an above ground pool and to choose a pool that’s just right for you, your family and your budget, visit unique psb.com or call us today at 407-296-6776.